For a fresh install follow these steps:
1) Download the latest pack from this link:Faithful Pack ZIP.
2) Save to the .minecraft\texturepacks folder.
*Optional, but highly recommended*
-Copy the “saves” Folder on: .minecraft and place it somewhere else.
-Delete contents of .minecraft/bin.
-Run Minecraft.exe and let it download a clean copy of all the files.
3) Download the latest texture patcher from this thread:Texture Patcher by Kahr.
4) Save to Desktop for easy access.
5) Open the Patcher.
6) Open the “Options” tab.
7) Select “Default” for water, lava, fire, and portal in the drop boxes.
-Revise that the setting are like this:
8) Open the “Mods” tab.
9) Click on “Patch”. Close the patcher.
10) Run Minecraft. Click the “Mods and Texture Packs” button. Select faithful32pack.zip and you’re ready to go.
NOTE: If you are in the need of assistance, read through the entire thread, your problem might have been already explained or solved.