They have come from the nether and they are destructive. They are hard to kill. They use illusions, and maybe leave flames in their path. They have attacked your kingdom and burned your lands. The darkness is coming.
Tale of Kingdoms is a work-in-progress mod for Minecraft (created by TyberAlyx) that sends the player on a great quest for kingship! With countless content added, and much more to come, Tale of Kingdoms gives Minecraft a new breath of life!
1. Open up your .minecraft folder. (Click the START menu and in the “search programs and files” search bar, type in %appdata% and press ENTER)
2. If it doesn’t exist already, create a New Folder inside the .minecraft folder and name it: Mods
3. Go into the bin folder and open up your minecraft.jar file with 7-zip or WinRAR.
4. Delete the META-INF folder within the .jar
5. Go to Risugami’s Mods HERE and download and SAVE Modloader. It is REQUIRED to run Tale of Kingdoms.
6. After downloading the Modloader .zip file, open it up with 7-zip or WinRAR and select all the .class files.
7. Now drag ALL files from Modloader into your minecraft.jar file. It will replace a bunch of .class files from the vanilla game. If it asks you to confirm add and replace, press OK.
8. You now have Modloader installed on Minecraft! Huzzah! The hard part is over.
9. Now, on to install Tale of Kingdoms.
10. Download and SAVE the Tale of Kingdoms .zip file from the thread post HERE and copy it from wherever you saved it to the Mods folder in your .minecraft folder. DO NOT UNZIP the Tale of Kingdoms .zip file! Just plunk the .zip in the Mods folder and you’re done!
11. Close the 7-zip or WinRAR window containing your minecraft.jar file.
12. Run Minecraft, and start a new world. Tale of Kingdoms will not do ANYTHING to your old save files. You MUST start a new world.
13. Within 1-5 seconds of being inside your new world, a menu will pop up, asking you to start a new conquest.
If it doesn’t pop up within 10 seconds, Tale of Kingdoms is not running correctly. Either you missed a step in this guide, or you are running a mod that conflicts with it!