This mod adds new player models and textures that make players look like ponies, in the style of the TV show “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic”. Once the mod is installed, you and all other players will look like ponies in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Players who aren’t using a special pony skin will look like one of the background ponies from the show (as the default player skins are not fully compatible with this mod).
Pony skins are backwards-compatible with the original player model, so they look fine to any player who doesn’t have the mod installed (those players just won’t see the pony models). You can be an earth pony, a pegasus, a unicorn or an alicorn.
Back up your original minecraft.jar before you install this mod! Otherwise you won’t be able to remove this mod without re-installing Minecraft.
Download the zip file containing the new class files and background pony skins needed by the mod. Extract the classes (.class) and skins (.png) from the zip file. You will need to copy the new classes into the root of the original minecraft.jar, and the new skins into the “mob” folder of the original minecraft.jar.
1) Open up %appdata%, if you don’t know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
3) Make a backup (copy) of your minecraft.jar as this mod will overwrite some of the original minecraft classes.
4) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
5) Drag and drop the necessary class files into the root (top level) folder of the jar.
6) Drag and drop the necessary png files into the “mob” folder of the jar.
7) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
1) Make a backup (copy) of your original minecraft.jar file (which you can find in ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar) as this mod will overwrite some of the original minecraft classes.
2) Go to Applications>Utilities and open terminal.
3) Type in the following, line by line:
jar xf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
4) Outside of terminal, copy all the class files into the mctmp directory.
5) Still outside of terminal, copy all the png files into the mctmp/mob directory.
6) Back inside terminal, type in the following:
jar uf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./
rm -rf mctmp
Now the mod is installed, you will need to change your skin to a special “Mine Little Pony compatible” skin otherwise you will look like one of the background ponies yourself. There are some example skins in the “Download” section of this post, and a tutorial about how to create your own skins in the “Skinning” section.
Once you have the mod installed, run Minecraft and switch to the third-person view (F5) to see yourself as a pony!